Monday 26 January 2009

Mother

This month I am dedicating my thoughts to my elderly mother who has not been in good health. Despite her suffering from osteoprosis, diabetes and high blood pressure and well as loneliness of old age, she is positive. Love and marriage have separated us. I remember on the day my husband and I got married, her advice to me was.."Look after him". Did I think of looking after her at that time? No..I was madly in love and want to be with my English husband.
She lives in a tropical island of Borneo, surrounded by my other siblings, while, I am here in England, thousands of miles away. As a dutiful daughter, my relationship with her is strong, even stronger despite the fact that we see each other maybe two or three times a year. At this stage in life, I am preoccupied with the thoughts of old age, death and life.
I miss her dearly....

2 comments:

Soffian said...

Our Grandmother..Your Mother..and My Children's Great Grandmother. She's living a wonderful life, having the opportunity of seeing and loving her children, her grandchildren, and now her great grand-children. Our thoughts and our prayers are with her, may she be Blessed, may she be Forgiven, and may she have joy.

Forgive us Grandmother, affectionately Nini, I'm sure you have...for we have not always been there for you.

Malaikat85 said...

From one dutiful daughter to another, I love you mama.