Thursday 15 January 2009

the beginning of year 2009...

Hello 2009, goodbye 2008!



The day when new year comes in and the old year goes out has never changed as far as we human being can remember - the last day and night of the month of December



Hello new year!

We wish friends, members of families, strangers, people in the street and everyone we meet - happy new year!!! Hope 2009 is going to be a good year for you and family!.

Hold on..have I said good bye to the old year? Good bye 2008, let you rest in peace..



My husband and I walked along Westbourne Grove, in Central London after our evening meal on 31st December. We refused to attend many celebrations and the new year parties with firiends and their friends. With my thick overcoat, hat and gloves on, going out in the evening in cold winter is quite a refreshing exercise before going to bed. It was not that very cold afterall. When I looked up amongst the tall old buildings I saw a glimpse of the almost full moon. My heart leapt. Oh what a joy to see such nature. The moon is still in one piece and not very full yet, I thought. I walked in steady pace on the uneven concrete pavement but suddenly it disappeared in the thick night quite rapidly. Now and then, I looked down on the uneven concrete pavement as I made my steps. After 50 metres away from one of the many blocks if buildings, I looked up into the sky and the moon has disappeared. It was hidding behind a new all glass building which used to be a church. Instantly my thoughts...

were with the unfortunate
... people who have been made redundant who cant afford to pay their mortgage that the authorities have kicked them out of their houses,
...people who have lost their jobs, parents who cannot afford to pay their children school fees any longer,
...people who have to think twice spending their money,
...elderly and pensioners who cannot afford to heat their homes and live in very cold condition;
...children and babies being killed by their parents and carers,
...children, women and men who were caught up and killed in the throwing of weapon of mass destructions of two parties who try to wipe each other out of this planet,

an endless list.....

"let's go home" I said to my husband.

We headed towards our Victorian house which is about three streets away from where we were..along Portobello Road. The house was built in 1840s...where I am sure the previous occupants must have gone through recessions..losing their jobs, losing their partners, losing their children, losing their parents, thinking twice about spending their money, in their old age couldnot afford to heat the house, going through World War One, WW Two, Cold War, and have heard and seen..war after war in the Middle East....

Welcome 2009..I am stepping into this new year with full of good expectations!!







a pilot has been hailed as a hero..all passengers have survived...

No comments: