Wednesday 29 October 2008

Cold Sore!!

I have heard and seen people suffer from cold sore...I thought it was something to do with hygiene. My ignorance proved me wrong. Last week for days I did not go to my health club for my regular exercises. My arms, legs and in fact, my entire body was aching. For days I felt quite unwell. I thought I was going to catch a cold. There were no symptoms of having a cold like sore throat and headache. So I ignored my body until next morning when I looked on the mirror I saw a little blister on my left lower lip.

Aaahhh..what is this? My local pharmacist asked me if I could feel a tingle. I said "No". She looked at it and said "yes, it is a cold sore"!! Cold sore I thought. Hmmnn...SO she sold me a 2g tube of Zovirax for almost 6 pounds!!..She advised me to apply the cream to the affected area 4-5 times a day. I tried to read the small prints on the tube when she loudly said...DO NOT USE IN EYES OR ON GENITAL.. Am I that stupid enough that I could not read the prints. Anyway, that is what you get.. I walked out of the pharmacy with '''aarrrhhhh'''to let out my stress.
I must stay away from cafes....restaurants....
and from all public places...
No it is the sign of winter, stupid! I said to myself....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a cold sore the first week I was here and it took about a week to go away!! Really don't like them at all!